16.9.05

Arty Condos II

The crystal ball strikes again -- no sooner do I comment on the trend in collectible academic architecture than The New York Times echoes me in an article on a new project in Vegas:


It also reflects a growing consciousness among developers that many people want to live in high-profile buildings.

"Buyers love that," said Bobby Baldwin, chief executive officer of Mirage Resorts. "They love the fact that they're living in a Rafael Viñoly building."

In New York, for example, the architects Richard Meier, Zaha Hadid, Steven Holl, Charles Gwathmey, Santiago Calatrava and Enrique Norten have recently added their designs to the skyline.


Ah yes, Steven Holl and Enrique Norten. Should have mentioned them yesterday as well. Neither has ever done a condo (in the US) , but it can only be a matter of time. Actually, I think Enrique has a few on the drawing boards...

2 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
Check out my Plymouth Partners blog, you won't be sorry!

12:32 PM  
Blogger sddowntown said...

Hi: I was looking for information on downtown San Diego condominiums and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about Downtown San Diego condo living and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. With that said, I must say I've enjoyed reading it. I bookmarked your blog for the future. Well I'm off again in search for more detailed inner city living information.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home